Care Instructions for Ken Fuyuki Serbian Chef's Knife
The Ken Fuyuki Handmade Multipurpose Serbian Chef's Knife with Vintage Wood Handle is made of high-carbon Serbian Sarschach steel. So, the care instructions for this knife are very different from those of normal stainless steel knives. They are similar to those of a cast iron skillet.
We are listing the care instructions below for your reference. If you have further queries, please feel free to write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message using the 'Message Us' button at the bottom of this page.
- You can use water to wash the blade but make sure that you dry it off immediately as it is a high carbon steel blade.
- Dry the blade with a cloth after every use and do not let water/liquids stay on the blade for prolonged periods of time.
- Do not wash the blade in a dish washer.
- Do not air dry the blade; instead, use a cloth to wipe it dry.
- Before storage, put on a few drops of edible oil (e.g, olive oil) on both sides of the blade and spread it across.
- Over time, a natural patina will be formed that will protect the blade.
- We recommend using a traditional whetstone at a 15-degree angle to sharpen the blade.